Toggle the Widgetbar
- WordPress: WordPress is the top Website Publishing Platform available. It’s popularity hinges on the fact that it is free and is favoured by a lot of developers. Join them if you haven’t.
- WordPress Plugins: Here you can get plugins to meet your blogging needs. I recommend G.A.S.P (for spam protection), BlogGlue (formerly YARPP for more pageviews).
- ThemeForest – This is a huge beast when it comes to discovering premium themes. You cannot exhaust what’s on offer.
- WooThemes – If you are on the lookout for a Premium WordPress Theme go no further than WooThemes. Income Scene runs on WooThemes as you should have seen.
- BlueHost – Bluehost is easy to use, and it offers 1-click automatic WordPress installation, and excellent customer service. It is highly recommended for your first site.
- JustHost – One of the very best web hosting service providers in the industry, without the accompanying cost. A couple of years back they were voted as the best web hosting company. Consider them seriously.
- Hostgator – Hostagator have made a name as a go-to site when it has to do with web hosting and transfer. A lot of bloggers use Hostgator.
- Amazon S3 – The Amazon Simple Storage Service. Reliable internet storage, which is great for putting large files like podcasts and videos, so you don’t create bandwidth problems on your own website.
Payment Processing, Shopping Carts & Product Distribution
- E-Junkie: Looking to sell an ebook? Then choose E-Junkie. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. It costs very little to use and has an affiliate program on the side.
- Clickbank: It is probably the most popular digital products retailer. Price is reasonable especially considering the army of affiliates available to promote your products.
- Paypal.com: To configure and accept payments with the shopping carts above, you would need PayPal; plus it’s safe for processing transactions.
Analytics and Keyword Research/Testing
- Market Samurai: The number one tool for keyword research available, hands down.
- Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool: Another fantastic keyword research tool, with even more information and numbers to compare and select the perfect keywords.
- Google Analytics: This is a must have for anyone with any type of website. It is Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool.
- Clicky: Here, your first site is free. Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time!
- Google Optimizer: This is another free tool from Google; it’s basically a website optimizer testing tool.
- Google Adsense: This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
Email Subscriptions & Marketing
- Aweber: Arguably the most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool available on the internet.
- Icontact – Just like Aweber, this service offers real value when it comes to building and managing your email list. Plus it’s cheap and you get the initial 60 days free (no credit card details).
- MailChimp – A very popular email subscription service. It can even stay free until you have up to 2,000 subscribers in your list.
- Elance: Hired service for just about anything you can think of.
- Odesk: Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers from abroad.
- 99Designs: This is a unique website that you can use if you need a logo design. It’s in a contest format. You submit the description of what you want, and designers will compete against each other to win money.
- Fiverr: You get people to do things for $5 upwards, which explains the name.