Neil Patel really needs no introduction. His name is all over the place – whether on Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine or Moz, you are sure to find him. Here’s why you should listen to Neil:
- He was regarded as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under 30 by President Obama
- He was regarded as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under 35 years by the United Nations
- He is one of the top 10 marketers according to Forbes
- He created one of the 100 most brilliant businesses according to the Entrepreneur Magazine
With that said, here is Neil Patel:
- 0.1 My Best Investment?
- 0.2 How Many Hours Do I Spend Blogging Weekly?
- 0.3 My Top 3 Traffic Sources
- 0.4 How Long Did It Take Me To Make $1000?
- 0.5 My Most Memorable Blogging Moment
- 0.6 The Best Advice I Got
- 0.7 Favourite Quote
- 1 In The Beginning – Before I Started Making Money Online
- 2 Everything was Business As Usual until This Happened
- 3 I Didn’t Stay On The Spot… I Kept Right On Going
- 4 What Have I Accomplished So Far?
- 5 But I Am Not Done Yet, I Have Some Other Things I am Working On
- 6 If I Am to Start All over Again, I will Do These Three Things FIRST
My Best Investment?
Myself. I have made other investments, but I prefer not to talk about them.
How Many Hours Do I Spend Blogging Weekly?
4 hours to 8 hours a week.
My Top 3 Traffic Sources
Twitter, Facebook and Google. Google is the largest but Twitter and Facebook are growing fast.
How Long Did It Take Me To Make $1000?
Around 3 months after I started my first business.
My Most Memorable Blogging Moment
When my website hit the Technorati 100 list. At first I thought it was great, but after a while it doesn’t mean much.
The Best Advice I Got
If you want a popular website, make sure you are consistent with your posting schedule. If you aren’t consistent it’s hard to create a popular website.
“Be careful of the toes you step on today, for they might be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.” – Christopher Rees
In The Beginning – Before I Started Making Money Online
Before I started to make money online I was in high school. During this time I used to sell electronics and car parts to other kids so that I could make enough money to fix up my car.
After doing those brick and mortar businesses I decided to get into the online world as it seemed very lucrative at the time.
Everything was Business As Usual until This Happened
I invested around a million dollars in a web hosting company in Texas and I lost all of the money. After that I had to work really hard to repay loans. I was able to do that by offering marketing consulting services.
I Didn’t Stay On The Spot… I Kept Right On Going
I have had a lot of challenges I have overcome. I can’t remember the details of most of them, but the one thing I recall is that you just have to keep on pushing forward and never look back. Worrying about problems don’t solve them. Come up with solutions, try them out and if you they don’t work go back to the drawing board.
What Have I Accomplished So Far?
I honestly don’t think I have accomplished much. I am still learning a lot and I probably have a good 5 years before I accomplish anything major.
But I Am Not Done Yet, I Have Some Other Things I am Working On
My short term goal is to website more frequently. Currently I am averaging 2.5 blog posts every month and I want to get it to 8. My long term goal is to get over 500,000 visitors to my website every month.
If I Am to Start All over Again, I will Do These Three Things FIRST
- Create a website on a subject I am passionate about. If you don’t enjoy what you are writing on, you won’t do it forever.
2. After I start writing content I would leverage social media sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Facebook and Twitter to grow my traffic.
3. I would respond to every commenter to help build communication.